Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cooking from Pinterest

I love Pinterest as much as the next person, but just because it is on Pinterest does not necessarily make whatever the item is amazing and wonderful! Unfortunately some things end in an epic failure, and others are just mediocre.

The funny thing is that before I tasted this stuff I took pictures and thought I would be all bloggy and do the step by step picture thing..so you get step by step pictures to nastyville.

My first is the wonderful banana soft serve...seems simple and delicious right? WRONG!

First you take the old bananas, cut them up and freeze them. Then you blend with whatever ingredients you feel is delicious, I chose peanut butter ( what a waste of two huge scoops!). And voila banana soft serve!

VOILA turned out to be VOIyuck. My bananas might have been funky or something but even still it was just overwhelming. It had like this nasty fermented after taste and the consistency never became truly soft servy, more smoothy-esque.

Moral of the story: don't try it, just eat ice cream. ( Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake or pistachio is my recommendation)

Next on the list goes under the mediocre category. It wasn't terrible, but I probably would never try it again.

Lemon shortbread cookies:
Easy enough 7 tbs butter, a cup of flour, a third cup of sugar some lemon zest and some salt. With the glaze of 2 tbs lemon juice and half a cup of powdered sugar.

It was easy, it just wasn't fantastic. Tasted more like floury butter with some lemon. Not very sweet and sugary as cookies should be! I was especially disappointed because I LOVEEEEEE lemon anything..

Moral of the story: make lemon bars.

Needless to say I hope my next Pinterest adventures will be better.

And just remember NOT EVERYTHING ON PINTEREST IS FANTASTIC.

Over and out

-Nate (the taste tester) & Meg ( the disappointed cook.)-







No comments:

Post a Comment